Applying for a marriage license
Anyone wishing to marry in Pennsylvania MUST OBTAIN A PA MARRIAGE LICENSE:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a marriage license.
- Applicants may apply in any county within Pennsylvania and use the license in any County. Contact the county where you plan to apply for application requirements.
- Applicants may submit the application online and upload the required documents.
- After you submit the application and upload the required documents, you will be prompted to schedule your video appointment. You may also download our mobile app to schedule an appointment. https://apps.myocv.com/share/a39617325. Click Orphans Court > Marriage Information > Schedule Video Marriage.
- Applicants can choose a traditional license (requiring an officiant to solemnize the marriage) or a self-uniting license (does not require an officiant to solemnize the marriage). The Clerk of Courts office does not determine who may or may not solemnize a marriage.
- Applicants must have VALID identification which may be a driver's license, military or PennDOT photo ID.
- Birth Certificates are required only when applicants have none of the above. ID must be in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Applicants must provide a Social Security number (federal and state mandates for U.S. citizens). If you lost your card you must contact the Social Security office for WRITTEN verification.
- Be prepared to furnish the full name, mailing address (including city, state, zip), occupation, and birthplace of each parent.