[Skip to Content]

Child Support Payments

Child Support Payments

Per Federal Law, the State of Pennsylvania requires all payments be directed to the PA SCDU (State Collection Disbursement Unit). If you are the Defendant in a case and need to make a payment, you have several options. Please note that payments may take several business days to process on your case depending on the method chosen. 

If you have any questions regarding payments, you can contact PA SCDU at 1-877-727-7238.  

Receiving Payments
There are two ways that a Plaintiff can receive the support payment.

Direct deposit: The support payment can be disbursed to an account of your choosing. You will need to file the request for direct deposit for this option. You can find the form to request direct deposit in the Forms & Documents section of the Domestic Relations home page or you can contact our office to have the form mailed to you. The completed form can be faxed to 717-944-2736. Do not return the form to the Domestic Relations.

Please note, the Plaintiff's name must be on the bank account for the direct deposit to be processed.

WAY2GO Card: The WAY2GO is a debit card that the support is disbursed to. You are able to use the card where Mastercard is accepted. You are responsible for any fees incurred while using the WAY2GO. Please note, if you do not elect to have the support disbursed via direct deposit, the payments will automatically be disbursed to an WAY2GO, Way2Go Brochure. You may contact WAY2GO at 888-929-2460 or Login to Way2GoCard  

Making Payments
There are several ways a defendant can make support payments:

Personal Check, cashier’s check or money order: You can mail a check or money order to PA SCDU. Include your member ID number or your social security number on your payment. You can get your member ID number from any Domestic Relations staff member.

Credit/debit card: There may be fees associated with making the payments through the use of your debit card/credit card or when paying on-line. You are responsible for those fees.

Phone Payment: You can pay by credit card by calling 1-800-955-2305. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are accepted. You will have to call PA SCDU every time you wish to make a payment using your card. You cannot set up your account to automatically charge the card.

Expert Pay: SCDU also offers free electronic payment options for defendants through ExpertPay.  Defendants wishing to make payments on-line using their checking/savings account or credit/debit cards may do so by registering at www.ExpertPay.com.  Registration takes 4 days to complete. You can also set up recurring, automatic payments by registering on the website or by calling 1-800-403-0879.

Value Payment System: Credit card payments can be made online at  www.childsupportbillpay.com/adamscounty-pa.  By using this service too, you are able to set up recurring, automatic payments.

Cash Payments: Payment with cash can be made in person at Walmart and CVS.  Go to www.MoneyGram.com/Bill Pay Locations to find the location nearest you.  Please use PA Receive Code 14677 when using this service.

You can also use this service online at www.moneygram.com/paybills or over the phone at 1-800-926-9400. 


Employers: If you are an employer and need to remit payment for an employee or employees you can contact PA SCDU at 1-877-676-9580 to discuss your options. Some of the options include mailing in payments or submitting payments electronically. A representative from PA SCDU will be able to help you determine which option suits your company’s needs.

Make your payment payable to PASCDU.

The address to mail it to is:
PO Box 69110
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9110

PA SCDU will not accept starter checks, temporary checks, stale dated checks, post-dated checks, unsigned checks, checks that are not payable to PA SCDU, or the amount in numbers does not match the written amount.